What is the Total War Saga: Troy Blood DLC release date? When are the grand strategy game's battlefields set to be painted red?
The Total War Saga: Troy - Blood & Glory DLC has been confirmed to add blood and gore to the grand strategy game post-launch, in what is now a common occurrence for the series.
A good few Total War games have launched without any trace of blood on their battlefields which, as plenty of fans will tell you, is very strange. After all, you have hundreds or thousands of troops slashing, smashing, and piercing each other with all manners of blunt and sharp objects.
Total War Saga: Troy Blood DLC Release Date
Total War Saga: Troy's Blood & Glory DLC is currently aiming for an October 29 release date, the Artemis free DLC also dropping the same month.
This follows a familiar pattern, recent games in the series also receiving their Blood DLCs shortly after launch for a low price.
The Total War Saga: Troy Blood & Glory DLC will allow players to customize the level of gore they want in their campaigns. Here is a list of the DLC's features:
- Blood-drenched event movies and pictures
- Campaign map rivers run red with the blood of warriors slain in any massive battles nearby
- Erect a Tropaion, a bloodied battle monument visible on the campaign map after a large battle with many casualties
- Blood effects and decapitation for battle resolution combat animations
- Blood trails from chariots
- Blood splatter on the ground
- Blood sprays on weapon impacts, staining armour, chariots, horses, and more
- Decapitation on selected death animations
- Dismemberment on selected death animations
- Rivers of blood when battles are fought within them
The lack of official mod support at launch hasn't, however, stopped players from creating their own sets of small tweaks which we've highlighted in this article.
For our thoughts on how the latest entry in the series holds up, give our Total War Saga: Troy review a read.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.
The release date for the TROY FLC update as well as the mod support has now been moved to next week due to some technical difficulties.— Total War (@totalwar) October 21, 2020
The new update will release along with the Blood Pack DLC at 3PM BST on October 29th.
Check out the sneak peek below to see what's coming! pic.twitter.com/t4iNwHOH0H