Grand Theft Auto IV has cleared 22 million of that grand total. CEO Zelnick also gave away some other key title numbers, although L.A. Noire is missing.
In early 2008, Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas had shipped 21.5 million units and it still remains one of the series most popular instalments. Zelnick also talked up the importance of downloadable content as a key means to better leverage products.
"Once we do the core development, which takes a long time and is pretty hard, doing the development related to the DLC in a high-quality way is a lot easier and a lot quicker," said CEO Strauss Zelnick.
"At the time we put out Red Dead Redemption in May, we didn't even have a fantasy that we'd be putting out a zombie title for Halloween," he said, referring to Undead Nightmare, which added a special zombie themed single player standalone story.
Here are the other updated lifetime shipment figures:
* Midnight Club franchise: 18.5 million
* NBA2K franchise: 17 million
* Red Dead Redemption: 12.5 million
* Civilization franchise: 11 million
* BioShock franchise: 9 million
* Carnival Games franchise: 8 million
* Max Payne franchise: 7.5 million
* Mafia franchise: 5 million
* Borderlands franchise: 4.5 million
* The Darkness: 1 million
Noticeably missing from the list is Team Bondi's L.A. Noire which couldn't have impressive enough yet for figures to be included - perhaps they're waiting for the PC release?