Victoria 3's update 1.0.6 is now live, its patch notes revealing a set of improvements to mid and late-game performance, alongside several fixes to the AI's behavior.
Update 1.0.6 also introduces one balance change to Victoria 3, reducing the number of monthly radicals from political movements to enact and restore.
Victoria 3 Update 1.0.6 Patch Notes
Several bugs have also been squished, including three which could cause the game to crash. Placated political movements should no longer have a chance to trigger a revolution, while flotillas should now properly recover morale.
Here is the full list of changes introduced in Victoria 3's update 1.0.6, as detailed by the developer in the official patch notes:
- Reduced the number of monthly radicals from political movements to enact and restore
- Reduced the number of pops in the mid- to late-game by merging very small pops back into the general population
- Reduced the number of pops in the mid- to late-game by forcing unemployed pops to switch profession when sufficiently poor
- Improved performance of updating trends for political movements
- Improved performance of enumerating Liberation war goals
- Increased AI tendency to stick by its allies and subjects in conflicts
- Fixed AI acceptance for 'powerful protectors' factor to appear in virtually any alliance/customs union
- Fixed AI confidence and peace desire from gold reserves not being capped to 100% reserves
- Fixed AI incorrectly calculating how much an ongoing war or diplomatic play should add to their neutrality, making them abandon allies due to involvement in small conflicts
- Fixed AI involvement in a diplomatic play shown as an empty string in their neutrality calculation
- Fixed settings (such as in-game language) not being saved correctly when path contains non-latin characters
- Properly fixed flotillas not recovering morale
- Fixes "Pass a Law that enables an Institution" tutorial challenge being impossible to complete or writing to the error log under certain circumstances
- Fixed issue where a placated Political Movement might still trigger a revolution
- Fixed issue with American Territory Achievement using an incorrect trigger
- Fixed issue with not being able to get Berlin Conference Achievement.
- Star Swarmed Banner no longer requires exactly 100 states exactly to get the achievement, but rather 100 or more
- Fixed issue with placeholder image being used for flamethrower event modifiers
- Fixed CTD in CPdxTerrain::CreateEffect
- Fixed CTD in CWarGoal::IsAdjacent
- Fixed CTD in CBuildingType destructor
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.